*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
These cookies are soft and chewy on the inside while still being slightly crispy on the outside and don’t puff up in the oven like most pumpkin-baked goods. They are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free!
I am so proud of these festive fall pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! First of all, I have not eaten a pumpkin cookie that wasn’t cakey. So much so that it shouldn’t be called a cookie, in my opinion!
To prevent these cookies from puffing up and becoming cakey, I used a few tricks to get the texture I wanted.
First, I didn’t add eggs (making them accidentally vegan!). Then, I also experimented with different baking temperatures. The winner was cooking them at a high temperature for a quick amount of time to get them slightly crispy on top while being soft in the center.
This is great because it means you can have a perfect fall cookie that is ready within a few minutes. Not to mention everything is mixed in one bowl for easy cleanup! Perfect in every way.
The mix of pumpkin flavor is complimented so well with some chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. In addition, the warming pumpkin spices and cinnamon give that classic fall taste we all love this time of year.
These are great fresh out of the oven, dunked in some ice-cold milk. I like them even better as a breakfast treat with coffee (divine!).
If you try these, please leave a review below and let me know what you think!
Paleo & Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup paleo chocolate chips
- 1 ounce chopped paleo dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the pumpkin puree out on a plate. Pat the pumpkin puree with a paper towel to absorb most of the excess moisture from the puree. (It will still have some moisture, you just want it to be a little more dry.)
- Combine the pumpkin puree with the coconut sugar, vanilla, almond butter and avocado oil. Mix to fully combine.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder to the wet mixture and mix until there are just a few streaks of flour left in the batter. Add the chocolate chips and chopped chocolate bar pieces to the dough. Mix to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out equal amounts of dough and flatten on a parchment lined cookie sheet in a cookie shape. (They will not spread when in the oven).
- Place in the 400 degree oven for 8 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake. They should be "doughy" when you take them out. They will firm up and continue to bake once removed from the oven. Remove, allow to cool for 15- 20 minutes. Enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk or a pumpkin spice latte! 😉
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.