*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Fall Season!! The first few weeks of September I want pumpkin everything. These warm-spiced pumpkin pancakes hit the spot. They are an epic, wholesome autumn breakfast.
These are fluffy, perfectly soft pumpkin pancakes that are paleo, gluten-free, and dairy free! The absolute best fall morning breakfast that is wholesome and delicious.
I made these pancakes close to 10 times, so I know they are perfect. Many paleo pancake recipes or mixes can be too dry, gummy or very flat.
It is also very difficult to get pancakes to rise without gluten so I had to experiment to achieve that fluffy “lift” classic pancakes have. I achieved this with a little ground flax seeds, coconut flour and eggs. Combined together with the other whole food based ingredients, they make up for the lack of gluten.
I finally was satisfied with the end result of these beautiful, moist, fluffy, moist pumpkin pancakes! They have the perfect texture, pumpkin flavor and golden, ever-so-slightly crisp top you want on a pancake.
Benefits of pumpkin
Not only is pumpkin a delicious autumn squash, it has some great health benefits!
It’s rich in vitamin A and can help with immunity, eye health, skin health, heart health, metabolic health, high in fiber and beta carotene.
It’s important to make sure you are using pure “Pumpkin Puree” from a can for this recipe, NOT “Pumpkin Pie Filling”.
I love topping my paleo pumpkin pancakes with a generous pouring of organic maple syrup, chopped pecans and “Miyikos dairy-free butter” or grass-fed butter, and chopped pecans. But, you can also top them with chopped bananas, walnuts and even plop some chocolate chips in the batter for a pumpkin chocolate chip pancake that is so delicious!
Grab a cup of coffee and let’s make these decadent pumpkin pancakes! Let me know in the comments below if you make them!
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder see note for paleo baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside while you mix the other ingredients. (This creates the "buttermilk")
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and eggs. Add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar last. Whisk everything together vigorously or use an electric hand mixer for about a minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour (If the coconut flour is clumpy, you may need to shake it over a fine strainer to remove the clumps) ground flax seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir until combined. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes so the flour can properly absorb with the liquid.
- Preheat a nonstick pan to medium. Grease it with avocado oil or coconut oil (or butter if not paleo). Once the pan is warm, use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop out some pancake batter. Try to keep them smaller sized, as they will be easier to flip.
- After about 3-4 minutes and bubbles start to form on top, flip them. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes on the other side. In between cooking batches, if the pan starts smoking turn the temperature off for a little bit or turn to low to allow the pan to cool down a bit before doing the next batch at medium.
- I love topping mine with pecans, butter (miyokos makes a great paleo, dairy-free butter) and mapple syrup! You can also do walnuts, sliced banana or a drizzle of almond butter. ENJOY!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)
very clear and good article easy to understand. Thank you
I see eggs in the instructions, but not in recipe. 😬 How many eggs?
Hi Beth. Thank you for pointing that out. There are 3 eggs in the recipe, I added it to the ingredients. So sorry about that! Happy cooking! 🙂