*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These decadent yet healthy apples are the perfect snack or dessert to whip up in less than 20 minutes without even turning on your oven. They are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
These apples get soft and gooey on the inside and crisply baked on the outside. The topping adds a delicious sweet crunch with some warming cinnamon to give this all the apple pie vibes!
This air fryer apple recipe makes the best mid-day snack, drizzled with some almond butter. Or, my favorite way to enjoy it is as a dessert with a scoop (or two!) of vanilla dairy-free ice cream or whipped cream.
I love how quickly this recipe comes together with minimal cleanup. All you need is a few simple, whole-food ingredients that are gluten-free and nutrient dense.
Frequently Asked Questions
What apples should I use?
Red Delicious, Fuji, Ambrosia, Cortland, or Gala apples are perfect for this recipe. I used Gala apples for mine, and they turned out perfect! For a more tart air-fryer apple, use Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apple. Please note your recipe will only be as good as the seasonality of your apple, so aim for one that is ripe and in season at the time!! If your apples are larger, use 2 apples instead of 3 small apples.
What air fryer did you use?
We use and love the Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart. (affiliate link) Not only does it air fry beautifully, but it also pressure cooks, steams, slow cooks, sous vide, broils, dehydrates, and much more! However, any air fryer will work well with this recipe. Just make sure to preheat for about a minute before using this or any other air fryer.
Grab your seasonal apples, air fryer, and let’s go! Let me know in the comments if you make them.
Gluten-Free Air Fryer Apple Recipe
- 3 small apples (I used Gala) see frequently asked questions for kind of apple
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- oil spray (or an extra 1 tsp melted coconut oil) for coating apples before air frying
- Place the apple upright with the stem vertical. Using a sharp knife, make a thin slice on the very top and very bottom of the apple for stability. Place the apple on its side, with the stem horizontal, parallel with the cutting board. Slice once straight down the middle. Do the same with all 3 of the apples.
- Using an ice cream scooper, carefully scoop out the seeds and middle of the apple by pressing the scooper in and twisting in a circle.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees for about a minute. Spray the top of each apple half with a little bit of oil spray or brush on some melted coconut oil.
- Place each halved apple in the air fryer for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the apples are air frying, make the crumble topping. Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, almond flour, oats, sea salt, and chopped pecans in a small bowl until fully mixed and everything is well coated.
- After the apples air fried for 9 minutes, carefully spoon the crumble topping into the crater in the middle.
- Heat them a second time in the air fryer for another 8 minutes until tops are browned and apples are soft to your liking. Remove and enjoy warm with a drizzle of almond butter or scoop of ice cream!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)