*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
These are the best cookie for any peanut butter lover. They are soft, chewy, and irresistible. Not to mention they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free and use only 5 simple ingredients! (I don’t count salt)
They are quick, one-bowl cookies made with supplies you likely already have in your pantry!
They are soft, chewy, and slightly sweet with unrefined coconut sugar and feature the signature crisscross fork print that is on classic peanut butter cookies.
I love these as a satiating snack due to the high protein content in peanut butter and the added almond flour! They are also fantastic as a dessert.
Once they are baked, I highly recommend fresh, warm, and dunked in some milk or with coffee!
What type of peanut butter should I use?
I use organic creamy peanut butter made from valencia peanuts for the best results. I don’t recommend any peanut butter with added oils, or sugar. It’s unnecessary and likely won’t yield the same result. Added salt is okay, just don’t add a pinch of salt to the batter.
Crunchy peanut butter would be okay to use if you like a little texture and bite, but to stick to the classic peanut butter cookie, I used creamy.
It doesn’t get better than this quick, simple 5 ingredient cookie! Grab your ingredients and let’s get baking!
Let me know in the comments if you make them!
Healthy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter *see Frequently Asked Questions
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the egg, peanut butter and coconut sugar until fully combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, scoop out some and roll it in your hands to form a small ball. Press the ball down with the fork twice to make criss cross lines in the cookies. (I suggest wetting the fork with a little oil to prevent it from sticking to the batter)
- Bake for 12 minutes until slightly golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.