*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
Who doesn’t want an excuse to have cookies for breakfast? This is a healthy grab-and-go option to keep you satisfied and happy in the morning.
These cookies are nutritious, vegan, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free!
I hate when my mornings are rushed and I make a poor, quick breakfast choice and it ends up making me feel groggy and sluggish throughout my day. These nutritious cookies save me on busy mornings.
I always feel best when I start my day with protein, healthy fat, and fiber. These cookies have healthy amounts of all of the above. The protein comes from a combination of almond flour and hemp hearts (which have a sneaky high amount of protein!). The healthy fat comes from almond butter and coconut flakes (if you choose to add them in). The fiber comes from ground flax seeds which are rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. The flaxseeds also make up the flax egg I use to keep this delicious cookie vegan!
These are very versatile, and you can swap the almond butter with any nut butter you like. You can also take out coconut flakes if you do not like them, use this recipe as a base to make it your own!
I love having 2 or 3 of these soft, chewy cookies alongside some fresh berries or dairy-free yogurt and a cup of coffee for a quick breakfast that keeps me satisfied until lunch.
I hope you love them as much as I do. ENJOY!
Optional Additional Add-ins:
If you aren’t vegan: for more protein, add 2-3 scoops of unflavored collagen powder. It is tasteless, dissolves completely in the dough and helps bump up the protein in these cookies!
Any nut or seed
I chose chopped walnuts, because I love chocolate chip walnut cookies, but literally any chopped nut or seed would be delicious in this recipe. It will add nutrients and antioxidants to these cookies.
Raisins or any dried fruit
For more of a “trail mix” style cookie, play around with adding any dried fruit you like!
I chose not to do oats in my cookies because I feel best eating a lower carb breakfast, but if you love oats for breakfast, definitely add them in! They add great texture, along with fiber and whole grain carbohydrates.
Vegan and Palep Nutritious Breakfast Cookies
Flax Egg (Make first)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 flax egg
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup vegan and paleo chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Make the flax egg by mixing together the flax seeds and water together in a small bowl. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes to gel up.
- Combine the almond butter, maple syrup and flax egg together in a bowl until it is well mixed.
- Add the almond flour, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, baking soda, ground flax seeds, chocolate chips, walnuts, cinnamon and sea salt to the wet mixture. Combine until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out some dough and place each scoop of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press down to flatten. They will spread just a little bit when baking.
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. ENJOY!