*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This moist, fresh lemon loaf is the perfect spring treat to enjoy! I am a chocolate girl through and through, but I genuinely think this is my favorite baked good yet. It is bright, vibrant and light. It has the texture of a delicate pound cake, and is soft and buttery without any butter!
If you have ever had the Starbucks “Iced Lemon Loaf”, this tastes very similar, without the butter, cane sugar, gluten, and dairy. My version is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and grain-free.
As with any baked goods, this is especially delightful for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, for dessert, or would be a beautiful addition to any springtime brunch!
I use almond flour as the base, a little bit of coconut flour, and the top part of a can of coconut milk (coconut cream) to get the moist, buttery texture and taste. I also use “coconut butter” to make the icing. This may sound like a lot of coconut products, but none of these things make the loaf taste like coconut, they just add to the texture of the loaf and consistency of the icing.
This loaf is perfection. Grab your lemons and let’s get baking!
Paleo Iced Lemon Loaf
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup room temperature (microwave for a few seconds, if it is cold from the fridge)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (this is the top solid part of a can of coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 whole large lemon, zested)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (sifted through a strainer, so there are no clumps!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter (melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, mixing in between so it does not burn!)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Cream together the coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and coconut cream with a beater on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and mix with the beaten wet ingredients.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda with the wet ingredients and gently mix until it's well incorporated.
- Pour the batter in a parchment lined glass loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes. The top should be a deep golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean when pierced in the middle. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before icing it.
- Combine the "Lemon Icing" ingredients together until well mixed and glaze it on top of the cooled loaf. Add extra lemon zest on top for appearances and extra lemon flavor if desired. ENJOY.