*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for a foolproof comforting one-pot soup you are in the right spot. This spicy ramen recipe has so much flavor. (Don’t shy away if you don’t like spicy food, you can control the level of spice and can even make this with no spice at all!)
It is the perfect dish for a rainy cold night, a sick day, or any time you just need a hug in a bowl!
It’s also very healthy, with a heaping amount of veg’ and nutrients. It’s gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, paleo, and whole30. (See substitutions for dietary substitutions)
What is Ramen?
Ramen is a beloved Japanese dish that has taken the world by storm. It’s not hard to see why – the delicious broth, chewy noodles, and flavorful toppings make for a comforting and satisfying meal. While many people think of ramen as something you can only get at a restaurant or in an instant noodle packet, it’s actually quite easy to make at home.
This recipe is beyond easy to make and bursting with flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your chopsticks and get ready to slurp up some deliciousness!
Coconut Aminos– Tamari. Soy sauce if you are not gluten-free.
Carrots and green beans– Chopped celery or finely chopped broccoli work well here!
Ramen Noodles– I used Lotus Foods millet and brown rice ramen noodles. (Affiliate Link) You can use any pack of ramen you like if you are not gluten-free. If you are strictly paleo or keto, shirataki noodles work best here. Alternatively, you can use shredded cabbage or zoodles (zucchini noodles) to keep it whole30, paleo, and keto!
I don’t recommend substituting anything else out! Everything else is necessary for flavor-packed ramen!
Get ready for the ultimate bowl of comfort and let me know in the comments if you make this recipe!
Spicy Paleo Ramen Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 diced medium onion red or yellow works!
- 2 chopped medium carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1 diced jalepeno optional, omit if you do not want spice or remove the seeds for less spice.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1 32 ounce carton chicken broth I love using a good quality chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional, if you like heat!
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 packet or block ramen noodles see subsitutions for my favorite brand!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cooked and sliced chicken breasts optional (rotisserie works here!)
- 4 soft boiled eggs optional
- chopped green onions
- sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan, add about a half tablespoon of avocado oil, the onion, carrots, jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Mix for about a minute. Add chicken broth and coconut aminos. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the mushrooms and ramen noodles. Lower to a simmer. Continue to simmer until noodles are soft and cooked through. (Depending on your noodles or package instructions, about 2-3 minutes)
- Top with chopped green onions, soft boiled eggs and sliced chicken for the perfect classic bowl of ramen!! ENJOY
Chicken Breasts (optional, for topping)
- Create chicken cutlets with chicken breasts by laying flat on a cutting board and placing one hand on top and slicing horizontaly with a sharp knife. This divides the breast in half, helping it to cook well and not be dry.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts and sear in a cast iron skillet with avocado oil for about 3 minutes a side until cooked through. Slice and place on top of your bowl of ramen!
Soft Boiled Eggs (optional)
- Add water to a sauce pan and allow it to come to a boil. Once it i at a roiling boil, add the amount of eggs you would like, place a lid on top of the saucepan and boil for exactly 6 minutes. NO LONGER.
- Remove eggs and place in an ice bath for a few minutes, then peel, slice and place on top of your bowl of ramen. ENJOY!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)