*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here we have an actually delicious granola bar that is high in protein and full of seeds, nuts, fiber, and chocolate. What more could you ask for? It is also gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
Why should you make your own granola bar?
Ah, the classic granola bar. The biggest scam, in my opinion. Most have dodgy ingredients, loads of sugar, and low-quality protein. Not to mention most generally taste slightly like dirt.
I may be a tad bitter towards bad quality granola bars, but I’m telling you, homemade is way easy, better for you, and tastes fantastic! I have been finding myself munching on these all week long and even reaching for them for dessert. That’s when you know it’s good!
How are these granola bars high in protein?
Let’s chat about protein. These bars get the majority of their protein from the high amount of pumpkin and hemp seeds (Two VERY high protein seeds). There is also added protein from the other nuts and seeds in this bar.
*If you can’t find pumpkin or hemp seeds in your grocery store, I recommend buying them here:
These delicious granola bars have just a touch of honey and loads of nutrients thanks to the variety of seeds and fiber from lovely flax seeds.
What nuts and seeds can I use in this granola bar?
You can use any you have on hand and love! I do recommend sticking with pumpkin and hemp seeds if you can, as they contain high amounts of protein, helping boost the protein amount in these bars.
Coconut oil – Feel free to use a neutral-tasting oil if you like (I recommend avocado oil)
Honey – No honey? No problem! Swap a high-quality maple syrup instead.
Flax seeds – Try chia seeds. They become gelatinous just like flax seeds when mixed with liquid.
Sunflower seeds and walnuts – Try chopped almonds, pecans, or any other nut/seed you enjoy!
Paleo High Protien Granola Bar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, if vegan
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pumpkin seeds*
- 1/2 cup chopped sunflower seeds*
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts*
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup paleo dark chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla and flax seeds together. (It will become a gelatenous gel that will help bind the bars together!)
- Add the chopped pumpkin seeds, chopped sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, and hemp seeds to the wet mixture. Stir to combine until everything is fully coated.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper so the bars don't stick. Add the mixed seed mixture on top of the parchment paper. Press down very firmly with the back of a spatula to even out the mixture.
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between until just barely fully melted. (It will continue melting as it rests)
- Pour the melted chocoalte on top of the seed mixture. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top. Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Slice into 8 rectangle granola bar slices. Keep in the fridge and enjoy!!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)