*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This soft, cinnamon cookie with marshmallows, chopped graham crackers, and a mix of chocolate chunks/chips is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, refined sugar-free, and absolutely delicious!!
With summer coming to a close and the fall campfire atmosphere creeping up, these s’more cookies are the perfect in-between seasons dessert to bake right now! But, is there any unacceptable time for s’mores in general? I think not.
S’mores is one of my cherished desserts. You can’t beat that gooey sweet marshmallow, crunchy salt cracker, and rich, melty chocolate. But cookies are always number one in my book! So, combining the two into one perfect s’more cookie makes this a killer combination.
Freeze the marshmallows for about at least 30 minutes before using in the cookies. If they aren’t frozen beforehand, they will mostly melt away once the heat hits them. They thaw very quickly so take them out of the freezer as the very last step before pressing on the cookies and putting in the oven and not a minute sooner.
Cut a normal sized marshmallow in half. If using jumbo marshmallows, cut in fourths. If the marshmallow is too big, it will spread and overflow on top of the cookie.
Refrigerate the dough for at least 10 minutes before baking! This is ideal for most cookies, but especially this recipe.
Broil the last minute to get that toasty golden brown top! I bake for 11 minutes then broil for 1 minute if you want the marshmallow to be toasted on top!
Frequently Asked Questions
What healthy brand of marshmallows do you use?
There are quite a few new, healthier marshmallows on the market that aren’t sugar lad-den, have high quality gelatin, or are even vegan! The brand I used and love for these cookies is: Max Mallow Classic Vanilla. (affiliate link) They are keto, paleo and taste incredible!
What gluten-free brand of graham crackers do you use?
Since I don’t need a full graham cracker to make these cookies, I used Simple Mills Sweet Thins Cookies in the flavor honey cinnamon. (affiliate link) They are gluten-free, paleo and taste just like a classic graham cracker!
What paleo brand of chocolate chips/chunks do you use?
I used the Thrive Market stevia chocolate chips (keto) in the batter, and to decorate the cookies, I cut up one of Thrive Market’s 85% dark chocolate bars, which is paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. Sign up by clicking here to get an extra 30% off your Thrive membership & a $50 free gift! (affiliate link)
Preheat your oven and let’s bake these tasty cookies! Let me know in the comments below if you make them!
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped gluten-free graham crackers
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (for topping) You can use all chocolate chips or all chopped chocolate, but I like the combo!
- 4 frozen regular sized marshmallows, sliced in half see tips about freezing!
- Combine the egg, vanilla, melted coconut oil and coconut sugar until well mixed.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet mixture. Mix until there are just a few streaks of flour left and it becomes a dough consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped graham crackers (reserve some for topping the cookies!) to the dough and mix to combine everything.
- Place the bowl with dough in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the fridge. Line a baking sheet with pachment paper. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out about 8 servings of dough and shape into cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet. (These will not spread a-lot when baking).
- Press a small indent in the center of the cookie, big enough to nestle the halved marshmallow in. Decorate the rest of the cookie with the chopped dark chocolate, and chopped graham crackers.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes at 350 degrees. Without opening the oven, turn the broiler on for 1 minute to brown the marshmallows. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying in a cold glass of milk!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.