*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This super moist paleo banana bread is gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfectly sweet. This is the best way to use up those brown bananas that are fermenting on your countertop and make a delicious banana loaf that the whole family will love!
This banana bread makes the best breakfast alongside a hot cup of coffee. It’s more nutritious, having only a quarter cup of unrefined coconut sugar and the rest is sweetened only by bananas. It also makes a delightful mid-afternoon snack.
I love adding chocolate chips and walnuts to my banana bread loaf for a chunky, chocolatey loaf that goes perfectly with the banana flavor. But, the loaf is perfect plain as well!
For the banana bread loaf, you need 3 medium brown bananas. The level of brownness of my bananas is shown here. You want them pretty spotty, the browner the better! I buy them pretty green and it took about 2 weeks for them to turn the brown sweet spot you want for great banana bread.
Grab your ingredients and get baking! Your house will smell amazing and you have a delicious, nutritious breakfast ready for the week! ENJOY
Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 tbsp. melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas see picture for level of brown-ness!
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder see note for paleo baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup paleo chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas with a fork until its only a little lumpy and relatively smooth.
- Combine the coconut oil, mashed bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs and coconut sugar together until it's well combined.
- Add the almond flour, pinch of salt, baking soda to the wet mixture and combine until just incorporated.
- Optional: Add in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. You can reserve a few to place on top of the loaf before baking as well!
- Place the batter in a parchment lined glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degress for 55-60 minutes. The top should be a deep golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean. Wait at least 40 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)