*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Russell Stover’s. I always have so much fun eating their variety pack of truffles, taking a bite of each one to find the perfect flavor. I truly think these Paleo Double Chocolate Date truffles come very close to the texture of Russel Stover’s chocolate truffles.
My version is paleo and sweetened only by dates and honey. I love using whole food ingredients like dates and honey as a sweetener in treats. An added bonus of having raw honey is it contains all the nutrients that are usually destroyed when boiled or heated.
The soft center of these truffles is similar in taste to a salted caramel chocolate flavor and the hard chocolate outer layer makes these truffles so rich and decadent!
The topping choices for these truffles are endless. I chose to dip them in chopped almonds, melted white chocolate, and flaky sea salt. Some other options are using any chopped nuts, sprinkles, or raw cacao powder.
These truffles also make a lovely homemade gift placed into a small mason jar and tied with a decorative string.
I store mine in a container in the freezer and pop when out for an after-dinner treat.
I hope you love these simple, decadent double chocolate truffles!
Paleo Double Chocolate Date Truffles
- 15 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey use maple syrup if vegan
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- 1 tsp. flaky sea salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsp. melted white chocolate (optional)
- Place the pitted dates into a food processor with the vanilla and honey. Process until smooth.
- Add the cocao powder, coconut flour, and salt to the mixture and process again until everything is well incorporated and smooth.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes so it is easier to roll together with your hands.
- While your mixture hardens in the fridge, melt the chocolate chips/bar. If using, melt the white chocolate and chop the almonds for topping.
- Roll a tbsp. amount of the date mixture in your hands into a ball and dip into the melted chocolate first then top with toppings of choice! Let harden in freezer and enjoy!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)