*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love that sweet-salty crunch of granola? It’s just the best. This recipe is all of the above without the sneaky high levels of refined sugar and inflammatory oils that are in most store-bought granolas. Plus it is paleo, gluten-free, vegan, grain-free, and dairy-free.
Most granolas contain oats or other grains. How do you make paleo granola grain-free and paleo? I swapped oats for crunchy nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes! It adds that perfect texture and volume that oats provide, but makes this recipe grain-free and paleo.
This granola is as basic as it gets. It is very adaptable and substitute-friendly. Swap any nuts, seeds, or spices you like to make it your own.
If you are like me and find nuts to be a very boring snack, try this recipe! You will be getting all of the heart-healthy omegas from a variety of nuts and seeds. I love eating this as cereal with milk and sliced banana on top. It is also lovely sprinkled on smoothies, yogurt bowls, and paired with dark chocolate for a homemade trail mix.
A few notes about this recipe
- You can swap any nut butter for almond butter.
- You can swap any favorite nut or seed you like.
- Switch up the spices! I love to add 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder to the mix to make a delicious chocolate granola. Throw in some chocolate chips at the end to get some melty chocolate chunks and it is beyond perfect.
- You can swap maple syrup for honey or any liquid sweetener.
- Almost anything can be substituted, just use the measurements here as a base. Let me know your favorite variation to this recipe in the comments below!
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know the tweaks you made in the comments and how it turned out! I hope you have a new staple in your house that your family loves as much as ours does.
Paleo Grain-Free Granola Recipe
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Mix the wet ingredients first. Add the melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to a bowl.
- In the same bowl add the flax seeds, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, chopped cashews, chopped pecans, coconut flakes, and sea salt. Mix until the seeds are evenly coated by the wet mixture.
- Spread out the granola onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Try to create a very even layer on the pan, so the "thinner" ends of the granola don't burn. Bake in the oven at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Gently flip the granola so it doesn't all break apart and you still have some big chunks (if you like your granola clustery, like me!)
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, being careful to watch, so it doesn't burn. It won't come out of the oven crispy. Let it rest for about 20 minutes to cool and it will crisp up! Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)