*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of my favorite Little Debbie treats is the “Cosmic Brownies”. They have the perfect fudgy brownie layer topped with a sweet, chocolate icing layer and decorated with rainbow sprinkles. A kid’s dream lunchbox treat.
My healthier version of the packaged cosmic brownie will make any child (or child at heart) happy and nostalgic. This paleo cosmic brownie recipe has that perfectly sweet chocolate taste without the high fructose corn syrup, bleached flour or food colorings. It’s very simple to make, only requiring a few clean ingredients. This is great in lunchboxes for kids or for a tasty dessert!
For this recipe, we used and recommend HU chocolate gems & Good Dees Low Carb Rainbow Sprinkles (sugar-free, all-natural coloring, Dairy-Free & Gluten Free!)
Grab the goods and let’s make some paleo cosmic brownies!
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Cosmic Brownies
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream The thick part on top of a can of coconut milk!
- 2 tbsp sugar-free raindbow sprinkles optional
- Mix together the avocado oil, eggs, egg yolk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut sugar with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, cocao powder, tapioca flour and sea salt to the wet mixture. Whisk to combine until there are no lumps and the batter is smoothe.
- Pour the brownie batter into a parchment lined glass baking dish. Spread until it is a thin, even layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean. It will continue to bake once you take them out. (Mine were perfect at 22 minutes)
- While the brownies bake, make the icing. Place the chocolate chips and coconut cream in a saucepan. Heat on low, stirring constantly so the chocolate doesnt burn.
- Once it's melted, take off the burner and set aside until the brownies finish baking.
- Once the brownies are cooled, pour the icing on top and spread in an even layer. Add the sprinkles, if using. Let it set in the fridge for 20 minutes. Slice and ENJOY!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)
Can it be any oil? I’m allergic to avocados.
Hi! You can use any neutral-tasting oil you like. Note that if you use coconut oil, I would recommend “refined coconut oil” so it does not have a slight coconut taste. Happy baking! 🙂