*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
One of my favorite Little Debbie treats are the “Cosmic Brownies”. They have the perfect fudgey brownie layer topped with a sweet, chocolate icing layer and decorated with rainbow sprinkles. A kids dream lunchbox treat.
My healthier version of the packaged cosmic brownie will make any child (or child at heart) happy and nostalgic. This paleo cosmic brownie recipe has that perfectly sweet chocolate taste without the high fructose corn syrup, bleached flour or food colorings. It’s very simple to make, only requiring a few clean ingredients. This is great in lunchboxes for kids or for a tasty dessert!
Grab the goods and let’s make some paleo cosmic brownies!
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Cosmic Brownies
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream The thick part on top of a can of coconut milk!
- 2 tbsp sugar-free raindbow sprinkles optional
- Mix together the avocado oil, eggs, egg yolk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut sugar with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, cocao powder, tapioca flour and sea salt to the wet mixture. Whisk to combine until there are no lumps and the batter is smoothe.
- Pour the brownie batter into a parchment lined glass baking dish. Spread until it is a thin, even layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean. It will continue to bake once you take them out. (Mine were perfect at 22 minutes)
- While the brownies bake, make the icing. Place the chocolate chips and coconut cream in a saucepan. Heat on low, stirring constantly so the chocolate doesnt burn.
- Once it's melted, take off the burner and set aside until the brownies finish baking.
- Once the brownies are cooled, pour the icing on top and spread in an even layer. Add the sprinkles, if using. Let it set in the fridge for 20 minutes. Slice and ENJOY!!