*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nothing beats a cozy apple crisp. Crispy, gooey, and perfectly delicious. This crisp is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan! It makes a great dessert with ice cream (I do dairy-free) scooped on top. I also love it with a hot cup of coffee for breakfast in the morning.
The classic apple crisp is usually filled with butter, cane sugar, and flour. To make this crisp allergen-free without sacrificing flavor, I use simple, wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
This apple crisp comes together very easily and baking the apples and cinnamon is guaranteed to make your home smell like a fall candle.
Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- 3 diced medium sized apples see frequently asked questions
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour/starch
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Use a paper towel to spread a thin layer of coconut oil on the surface of an 8 x 8.5 glass dish.
- Dice apples into roughly 1 inch cubes.
- Place diced apples in a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the "apple layer" ingredients (diced apples, cinnamon, tapioca flour, and coconut sugar) until well combined.
- Place mixed apple layer ingredients into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the "crumble topping" layer (vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, rolled oats, salt, almond flour, and pecans if using) together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place the crumble topping on top of the apple layer in dish. Gently press the topping down so it is evenly distrubuted over the apples.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes until slicing. Store for 4-5 days, covered in fridge.
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)