*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This healthy snickers recipe is everything you want. It’s full of a date-sweetened caramel center, a gluten-free shortbread, and sugar-free chocolate coating! Skip the sugar crash and artificial ingredients for this whole-food based recipe that satisfies any sweet tooth!
Dairy-free, vegan, paleo, refined sugar-free
Are Snickers gluten-free?
Store-bought Snickers are gluten-free. My recipe is also gluten-free but doesn’t include the junky ingredients that are in store-bought snickers.
Are Snickers Vegan?
No. Store-bought Snickers are not vegan because they contain dairy. This recipe is completely vegan.
I love these because they are full of blood sugar-friendly ingredients! The almond flour is high in protein and the caramel is made of dates that have fiber to help slow down the natural sugar in them from spiking your blood sugar.
These are also amazing because you don’t have to turn on your oven in the heat of summer!
If you want the classic Snickers candy bar shape, fully coated in chocolate, follow the full recipe. For a shortcut when you want a quicker sweet treat, stop the recipe at Step 5 and pick up on the directions below.
Fast Snickers Shortcut
- After spreading the caramel layer over the shortbread layer (step 5), melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second increments in the fridge, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and place it into the freezer for about three hours until hardened.
- You can cut them into large rectangles or squares instead of the classic Snickers shape to make it even easier! That’s it.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how they turned out, please leave a review and comment!
Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Snickers
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup soaked pitted Medjool dates about 9 dates
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk of choice I used coconut milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup peanuts or any nut you prefer!
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil or any oil for smooth melting
- After removing the pits from each date, place the dates in a bowl of water to allow them to soak for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the shortbread, combine the almond flour and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add in the coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt until well combined and it becomes a crumbly dough.
- In a parchment lined square baking dish, press the shortbread layer firmly down into an even layer on the bottom of the square dish. Set aside.
- For the caramel layer, drain the soaked dates and place in a food processor, along with the milk, and a pinch of sea salt. Blend until it turns into a smooth caramel consistency. You may need to add an extra tablespoon of milk to be blended properly, but start with 2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the caramel layer is blended, spread it evenly on top of the shortbread layer. Add the peanuts on top of the caramel layer and press down gently so the peanuts are nestled into the top of the caramel.
- Freeze overnight or at least 3 hours to allow the shortbread to harden.
- Once it is frozen, remove from freezer and slice into 12 slices to mimic the classic snickers rectangular shape.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second increments in the fridge, stirring in between.
- Working quickly, but carefully, dip and cover each bar completely in chocolate and place on a parchment lined cutting board or long plate. When it is completely coated, place on the parchment lined plate/board. Optional: Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Place board/plate full of snickers into the freezer until hardened, about an hour.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.