*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
Paleo blueberry muffins are my secret weapon for winning over hearts and stomachs! You might be thinking, “What’s so special about muffins?” Well, these are not your average muffins.
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and made with only the good stuff. Plus, they’re jam-packed with juicy blueberries that will make your taste buds dance like nobody’s watching.
And the best part? You won’t feel guilty about indulging in one (or two or three) because they’re actually good for you!
A fantastic blueberry muffin is a must for spring brunches and quick on-the-go breakfasts. I love having mine along with some eggs for a well-balanced breakfast or as a snack with almond or peanut butter. So yum!
Don’t skip these tips for the best paleo blueberry muffins
Psyllium seed husk powder– This healthy fiber is necessary to replace gluten. It helps bind the ingredients and adds structure to allow the muffins to rise while in the oven. All you need is 1 tablespoon as it is very absorbent. You can find it in the health food section at major grocery stores or buy it on Amazon here. *affiliate link*
Don’t overmix the batter– This is important as overmixing will make the muffins too dense and not light and fluffy. It helps to mix the liquid separately from the dry ingredients and then gently combine them together.
Mix quickly– While you don’t want to overmix, it’s also important to mix quickly once the dry and wet ingredients are combined because the baking soda will react with the lemon juice and you want that reaction to still be happening in the oven to give the muffins some rise.
Add a little bit of flour to the blueberries before mixing– This helps prevent the blueberries from falling to the bottom of the muffin and evenly distributes them throughout.
almond milk- feel free to use any normal milk or dairy-free milk you like!
coconut oil– you can use any neutral oil, I recommend avocado oil if you can’t use coconut oil.
fresh blueberries – I recommend fresh blueberries for best results, but if you must use frozen, do not thaw, and be aware the muffins will be a bit soggier if you use frozen. Add an extra minute or 2 to the baking time until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you’re a muffin lover, also check out my gluten-free banana nut muffins.
If you love muffins, check out my Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins!
Let me know in the comments if you make these delicious blueberry muffins!
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon psyllium seed husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries mixed with 1 tablespoon almond flour plus extra for topping!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients : almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, sea salt, psyllium seed husk powder, and bakind soda until everything is fully combined.
- In a seperate bowl whisk vigorously the wet ingredients: almond milk, lemon juice, eggs, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk until everything is well mixed. The more bubbles the better!
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries to the mixture.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners or grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full. Top with leftover blueberries. Optional: sprinkle each muffin with a light dustin of cane sugar. (You can omit this if strictly paleo, but it adds a beautiful golden crisp top to each muffin! Coconut sugar will not yield the same result)
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then drop the temperature down to 350 degrees for another 19-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cook for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.