*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This is so easy to make at home with low-sugar (or no-sugar) chocolate. It’s made of low-sugar dark chocolate layered with white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy.
It has all the hallmark flavors of wintertime: Chocolate, a slight peppermint kick, and a delightful crunch.
The best part is breaking this bark apart from the freezer. It makes the perfect gift or addition to bring to a party served on a platter.
If you want something that won’t make you feel terrible from munching on or a fun activity to make with kids (or adults!), this is the winter treat you need to whip up.
I recommend breaking it apart with your hands for a pretty rustic look. Then, serve it on a beautiful platter. You can also put it in a box and gift it with a thoughtful card. Who doesn’t want some homemade chocolate?!
This is a fantastic, healthier winter treat because you can control the quality of chocolate in your peppermint bark.
What chocolate did you use?
Dark Chocolate Layer: Any low-sugar or no-sugar dark chocolate will work here! Some of my favorites are HU gems, Lily’s (for sugar-free), or Bake Believe (also sugar-free). (affiliate links) These all melt great and taste amazing!
White Chocolate Layer: The best white chocolate I have found is Lily’s white chocolate. Be sure if you are using white chocolate, it actually contains “cocoa butter” and not just inflammatory oils.
It’s also important if you are using Lily’s white chocolate to use a tablespoon of coconut oil for smooth melting. For some reason, sometimes Lily’s white chocolate can clump up and dry out a little bit when melting.
Grab your simple 4 ingredients and let’s make this delicious treat!
Let me know if you make this recipe in the comments!
Low-Sugar Peppermint Bark
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips see above for suggested brands
- 2 cups white chocolate chips see above for suggested brands
- 2 tablespoons ,divided coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 crushed peppermint candy canes (or peppermint candy of choice) crush by placing in a plastic bag and rolling a rolling pin over the bagged candy. (or use a meat mallet to smash it through the bag)
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second increments, stir, then microwave until almost completely melted. Keep stirring until completely melted. Add the peppermint extract to the dark chocolate and stir well.
- Pour melted dark chocolate onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Spread it out with a rubber spatula until it's about 1/4 inch thick or to your desired thickness. Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until hard.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Pour melted white choocolate on top of the hardened dark chocolate layer and smooth out until it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies on top of the white chocolate layer. Place back in the freeezer until the bark is set and hard, about 20 minutes.
- Now for the fun part: break the peppermint bark with the best tools you have: your hands! Break them into your desired size. Place on a platter for serving or store it in an airtight container. ENJOY!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.