*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This creamy, three-ingredient cashew-based cream cheese is packed with protein and heart-healthy fats, making it an ideal plant-based option.
Creamy, smooth, 3 ingredient cashew-based cream cheese! Vegan cheeses used to seriously wig me out. I don’t like it when something tastes super artificial like it’s trying to be something it’s not. But this cream cheese tastes so close to the real deal that I don’t even miss classic cream cheese. It is creamy, smooth, and has that tang of normal cream cheese.
This cashew-based cream cheese is full of protein and all of the heart-healthy fats that are in nuts. It makes a perfect plant-based alternative to cream cheese!
This works deliciously well spread on bagels, (Try paired with my vegan, gluten-free bagels) or to replace cream cheese in most recipes that call for normal cream cheese.
Grab your three simple ingredients and let’s whip this up!
Easy, Vegan, Dairy-Free Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 cup water soaked cashews soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- 1 healthy pinch of sea salt
- Pour water over cashews in a bowl until they are completely covered in water and let soak for at least 4 hours.
- Place cashews, lemon juice, and salt into a high speed blender and blend until creamy. Add 1 tsp of water if it is not creamy enough and blend again. You may have to stop blending halfway and scrape down the sides. Keep blending until it is completely smooth and creamy!
- Taste to be sure it is tangy and smooth enough. If not completely smooth, add a tiny bit more water, if not tangy enough add another tsp. of lemon juice. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. ENJOY!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.