*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
These bagels are truly incredible. They are so easy to make, require a few simple ingredients and are mixed in just one bowl! It’s very difficult to find a gluten-free bagel that taste like the original and that contains clean ingredients. These paleo bagels have that crispy outside, and soft chewy center while containing no yeast, gluten, dairy, grains or cane sugar.
I suggest batch cooking and freezing these bagels. Then, you have a wholesome bagel ready to pop in the toaster for any busy morning!
If you are vegan or sensitive to eggs, you can leave out the “egg wash” brushed on top. It gives the bagels a golden color and helps the seasoning to stick to the bagels.Simply use a tiny bit of water to brush on the bagels before sprinkling with the seasoning.
If you need topping ideas, these bagels taste amazing topped with the classic cream cheese, lox (cured salmon), peanut butter with sliced banana and honey, or a delicious egg breakfast sandwich. The options are endless and delicious!
Grab your ingredients and lets make some easy paleo bagels!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Vegan Bagels
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey (swap with maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg (optional, for egg wash on top)
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional, if an everything bagel is desired)
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt and baking soda with a wisk
- Add the water, honey and apple cider vinegar to the dry mixture. Mix until it forms into a somewhat dry dough (Do not overmix.)
- Form the dough into 6 round puck shapes. Poke your finger in the middle to create the bagel hole. Form into a bagel shape.
- Boil a pot of water. Once it reaches boiling, drop the bagel into the boiling water and set a timer for 1 minute. Flip the bagel over halfway. Remove the bagel once the timer is done, with a spatula with holes or a slotted spoon with holes. Boil each bagel and place on a parchment lined sheetpan.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush the egg wash on each bagel. If vegan: you may skip this step. Or, you can use a brush to put a tiny amount of water on top to help the "Eveything but the Bagel" seasoning stick to the top.
- Sprinkle the "everything but the bagel seasoning" on top of the bagels, if desired. I did 3 bagels plain and 3 with the seasoning.
- Bake the bagels at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. (mine were done at 28 minutes) Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes. Slice, toast and top with whatever you like! ENJOY!