*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
This Lavender iced coffee is insanely good. I got the inspiration for it when I had leftover honey lavender simple syrup from my “Lavender Haze” cocktail. In addition, I went to Chicago for the Taylor Swift concert (insert squeal, lol), and a local breakfast place was serving a Lavender Haze iced coffee that was phenomenal. Probably the best iced coffee I’ve ever had. The mix of floral soothing lavender and rich coffee flavor just blended together beautifully in an iced cold beverage.
Having leftover lavender syrup on hand and wanting to recreate the best-iced coffee of my life, this Lavender Iced coffee was born! Or some might call it: “Lavender Haze (coffee’s version)” ;).
Buying a lavender-flavored coffee can be a bit scary, knowing the additives, artificial flavorings, and heaps of sugar that are included. I love this recipe I created because it is made with real food ingredients. None of the artificial junk.
About Lavender Flavored Coffee
If you are hesitant about mixing lavender and coffee, let me reassure you. Lavender-flavored coffee has a floral and slightly sweet taste, with hints of herbal and aromatic notes from the lavender. The flavor is delicate, calming, and refreshing, and adds a unique twist to the traditional coffee taste.`
Ingredients & Subsitutions in Lavender Coffee
Strong brewed coffee: you can also use a shot or 2 of espresso!
Vanilla: the perfect compliment to any coffee recipe and pairs beautifully with the notes of lavender!
Honey lavender syrup: the world’s easiest simple syrup that is free of refined sugar and artificial flavorings.
Dried lavender: you can use fresh lavender buds or buy the dried lavender here.
Unsweetened almond milk: you can use any milk you like here.
Handheld milk frother: I don’t have a fancy milk frother, just my trusty handheld milk frother here. It works great! You can also use a blender to combine the frothed ingredients.
If you love lavender-flavored drinks or need to use up your leftover honey lavender syrup, make my beautiful and delicious lavender haze cocktail!
If you make this lavender iced coffee, please leave a review and let me know how you liked it!
Easy Lavender Iced Coffee
- 1/3 cup cooled strong brewed coffee or 1 shot of espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey lavender syrup
- dried lavender buds optional, for garnish!!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
Honey Lavender Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers or flowers removed from about 2 fresh lavender sprigs (see notes above for where to buy)
- Start by making the honey lavender syrup. Whisk together the water and honey in a small saucepan on the stovetop until it just starts to boil. Then add in the dried lavender flowers. Cover and let sit for about 20 minutes. Filter out the lavender flowers through a strainer into a cup and set aside to cool. You can throw away the used lavender.
- If using a milk frother, add the almond milk, vanilla, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey lavender syrup to the milk in the frother. Froth it on the cold setting. (You can also blend all the ingredients together into a blender and it will froth, or use a hand frother linked above.)
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour cooled coffee or espresso over the ice. Add the frothed milk mixture on top of the coffee. Stir and then garnish with lavender buds, if desired. ENJOY!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.