*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you want cherry pie but don’t want to wrestle with annoying pie dough, make this delicious cherry crisp! You can use frozen or fresh cherries for this recipe.
This recipe has a delicious sweet, tart, gooey cherry layer with a beautiful crisp topping that is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and paleo (with modifications).
This makes a great wholesome snack, dessert (with a scoop of ice cream), or even breakfast (topped with greek yogurt) to have a balanced start to the day!
Frozen or fresh cherries?
Both work here! I used frozen cherries in mine, and it turned out perfect.
How to modify to make paleo:
If you are paleo, simply remove the oats and add in an extra 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. This also makes it a great lower-carb treat.
Now let’s get down to the fun part, baking! Grab your ingredients and let’s get to it.
If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments below!
Cherry Crisp | Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 3 cups frozen or fresh cherries I used organic dark sweet frozen cherries
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about half a lemon squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats see the post above for paleo modification
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Grease an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish with some coconut oil (either with your hand or a coconut oil spray).
- Combine the "cherry layer" ingredients together in a bowl and mix until everything is combined. Pour into the greased baking dish and spread the cherries out into an even layer.
- Combine the crisp layer ingredients together in a mixing bowl (I used the same mixing bowl I used for the cherry ingredients for easy cleanup!) until well combined. Spread the mixed crisp layer on top of the cherry layer, covering all the cherries evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the cherries are beautifully bubbling. Allow to cool for 20 minutes and serve (preferably with ice cream) and enjoy!!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.
Click here to sign up and get 30% OFF your first order and a FREE gift when you join Thrive Market! *Conditions Apply (Affiliate link)
Nice Taste & Best Recipe