*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
If you are overloaded with end-of-summer zucchinis, I got you!! There are so many wonderful ways to use up zucchinis but one of my favorite ways are these Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters.
I’m talking golden brown crispy edges and a soft (never soggy!!) center. Top with a poached egg, alongside some fresh summer tomatoes and you have got yourself a meal of champs.
Not to mention this is just a delicious and fun way to enjoy those green veggies judging you from inside your fridge. I love that these are easily made in the air fryer so they are oil-free and you don’t need to overheat your house by turning on your oven!
Ingredients and Substitutions for Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini- Obviously. Make sure they are medium-sized. Zucchini that is too big will lack flavor.
Grated Parmesan Cheese– You can also use Pecorino Romano, my favorite.
Almond Flour– This helps to bind the ingredients together and keeps them soft and fluffy!
Fresh Garlic Cloves
Green Onions– Chives work as well!
Fresh Parsley– You could also use basil.
Eggs– Necessary to hold it all together.
Finely Diced Bell Pepper– Any colored bell pepper you like will work here. You can also use corn, which tastes equally delicious!
FAQ About Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
What’s the best way to grate the zucchini for fritters? Use a box grater or a food processor with a grating attachment. I like using the medium-sized holes of my grater so it doesn’t shred too large or too small.
What dipping sauces go well with zucchini fritters? Common dipping sauces include tzatziki, sour cream, yogurt-based sauces, marinara sauce, sweet chili sauce, or even a simple squeeze of lemon juice. I include an easy Greek yogurt dip in my recipe below.
How do I reheat leftover zucchini fritters? To reheat fritters, place them in the pre-heated air fryer at 375 until they are heated through and regain their crispiness.
Why are my Zucchini Fritters Soggy?
This is usually caused by the very high moisture content in zucchini. If the shredded zucchini is not properly drained before going in the fritters, the excess moisture will make the fritters soggy. (EW!) Avoid this rookie mistake by taking all the steps I outline in the recipe to salt, drain, and squeeze the zucchini of as much liquid as possible. Moisture is the death of crispiness.
What air fryer is best to use? If you don’t have an air fryer you are missing out!!! I love mine in the dead of summer when it is inhumanely too hot to turn on my oven.
Also, it is a necessity to have when reheating leftovers and not getting soggy, microwaved mush. It heats food nice and crispily.
I love my Ninja Foodi since it has 11 multiple functions. I mostly use the air fryer and pressure cook settings, which both work amazingly!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and let me know how you liked it!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters | Gluten-Free
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 stalks diced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely diced bell pepper
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the zucchini using a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it with salt. The salt will help draw out extra moisture.Toss to combine and let it sit while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, almond flour, minced garlic, green onions, parsley, black pepper, eggs, chopped bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini with a kitchen towel to remove as much liquid as possible, discarding the liquid. Add the grated zucchini to the mixing bowl with the already mixed ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Line the preheated air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper (otherwise the mixture will fall through the grates and we don't want that!) Take a spoonful of the zucchini mixture, shape it into a small patty, pressing down gently since they will puff up in the air fryer. Then place it on the parchment-lined air fryer.
- Cook the zucchini fritters in the air fryer for about 7 minutes, then flip and cooking for another 7 minutes until they are crispy on the outside and golden brown around the edges. ENJOY the fritters hot and serve with dipping sauce if desired.
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.