*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
These paleo donuts are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. All phrases you’re unlikely to see next to the word “donut”. But trust me, these donuts are the bomb. My husband can’t stop eating them and is always sad when they’re gone.
Is there any better treat to pair with a hot cup of coffee or iced cold milk than a perfect, fluffy, sugary donut? I think not. Donuts fill me with a huge sugar rush of pure bliss. But then what closely follows is an unfortunate big, sleepy crash. Anyone else?
Let’s ditch the sugar crash but still satisfy that warm cozy feeling of a Saturday morning donut!
These would be so fun to whip up for a brunch, as a weekend baking project with kids or just to satisfy your morning sweet tooth in a healthier way!!
This recipe can be made in 2 different ways, with a vanilla glaze as an “old fashioned cake donut” vibe or as a chocolate dipped donut with sprinkles. Both are fantastic and I truly can’t choose which one I like more.
What do I need to make paleo donuts?
All you need are some wholesome ingredients and a silicone donut mold. I bought mine on Amazon here and it works great!
If you want clean, sugar-free sprinkles I bought them here.
You can buy coconut butter here. for the vanilla icing!
*Don’t skip this tip– I include a pinch of nutmeg in my recipe, a great tip I got from “Sally’s Baking Recipes”, it adds a wonderful cozy bakery feel to these donuts, trust me!!
Let me know in the comments if you make this delicious recipe!
Paleo Baked Donuts
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any dairy-free milk!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon refined coconut oil avocado oil works too!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg crucial for that bakery flavor!!!
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut butter see blog post for where to buy!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- sprinkles optional, but recommend!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the almond milk, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, nutmeg and sea salt to the liquid mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased silicone donut mold. (See the post above for a link to my exact one!) Fill each mold a little more than 1/2 full. They will rise when in the oven. Place the silicone mold on a baking sheet and place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the donuts are baking, prep your icings. Combine the ingredients of the icing you choose together until well incoorporated.
- Once the donuts are done baking, allow them to fully cool for at least 30 minutes before popping out of the silicone mold and dipping into the icing. Top the chocolate icing with sprinkles, if desired. Allow the icings to set in the freezer on the donuts until hardened. Remove from the freezer and store in the fridge in an airtight container. ENJOY!!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.