*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
These fudgy, paleo brownies are similar to the “box” brownies I grew up eating. These are made without the overload of refined white sugar, bleached flour, and inflammatory oils that generally accompany “boxed brownies.” This paleo version has that crunchy top and fudgy layer we all love in a brownie. I could eat a whole pan if it were up to me!
These brownies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
This recipe can be made in one bowl, using ten simple ingredients. It’s easy to make quickly when you want a chocolate treat. I love whipping these up and enjoying them with a scoop of peanut butter on the side or with ice cream on top. You can’t go wrong with these!
The key to making perfect brownies is to take them out when your toothpick comes out “almost clean.” To ensure they don’t come out too dry, I recommend at 30 minutes, inserting a toothpick in the middle of the brownies to test the “doneness.” When it has just a tiny bit of batter on it, it’s time to remove the brownies! The brownies will continue to cook once they are removed from the oven, and they will be perfectly fudgy.
I know you will love these. Let me know if you make them in the comments below!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocao powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder see note for paleo baking powder recipe
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, almond butter, avocado oil, and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, cocao powder, baking soda and sea salt to the wet mixture until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix. Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8.5 inch by 8.5 inch glass square pan. Bake at 350 degress for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean. (Mine were perfect right at about 32 minutes).
- Wait 20 minutes before slicing and ENJOY!