*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
Salmon tacos don’t get enough love! Taking only 30 minutes, start to finish, this simple, healthy, easy taco recipe will be your next weeknight staple. They are packed with flavor and are a healthy choice for your next Taco Tuesday!
They are also paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free.
These are bright, fresh, and so delicious. This simple recipe has a nicely seasoned salmon filet on a bed of crunchy cabbage slaw wrapped in a tortilla.
Salmon can often be boring to incorporate into a dinner meal. However, this recipe will spice things up. Who doesn’t love an excuse to eat a taco?
What can I top salmon tacos with?
I love topping mine with avocado, guacamole, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños, or hot sauce drizzled on top!
What tortillas/mayo should I use?
My favorite paleo tortilla is: Siete almond or cassava flour tortilla.
Healthy Paleo Salmon Tacos
- 2 large salmon filets or 3 medium
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp paprika preferably "smoked paprika"
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional, if you like heat!
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 4-5 paleo tortillas (my favorite are "siete" brand)
- 2 cups cabbage slaw mix
- 1 tbsp paleo mayonaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- diced red onion
- sliced avocado
- pickled jalapeños
- chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne (if using), honey, salt and avocado oil with a whisk until the mixture is fully combined.
- Season the salmon filets with a light sprinkle of sea salt. Add the mixture of spices on top of the salmon and rub in.
- Bake the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking, mix together the cabbage slaw ingredients until well combined. Place in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the tacos.
- When the salmon is done, squeeze the lime juice over all the salmon filets. Slice the salmon.
- Assemble your tacos. First, heat a tortilla in a pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side until warmed. Then, top with the cabbage slaw, then the sliced salmon and any other toppings you desire (mentioned above)! ENJOY!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.