*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your new favorite taco Tuesday recipe! These are healthy, juicy, flavorful chicken street tacos. They are bursting with a sweet, vibrant smoky citrus flavor. These tacos are the perfect, easy, healthy weeknight dinner.
How are street tacos served? Classic street tacos are authentically served on a corn tortilla with only a sprinkle of cilantro, chopped white onion, and a squeeze of lime. But if you want to go the untraditional but equally delicious route, I love adding sliced avocado, jalapenos, thinly sliced radishes, or even some salsa if desired.
What paleo tortillas are best to use? To keep this paleo, I did not use the traditional corn tortilla. My absolute favorite tortillas are “Siete” tortillas! (affiliate link) They have almond and cassava flour options that are paleo approved and delicious! To heat them, if you have a gas stove, heat them on the open flame on low for about 30 seconds, and flip until you have light brown charred marks.
Whip up a margarita or mocktail and lets make these beautiful paleo chicken street tacos!
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments below!
Paleo Chicken Street Tacos
- 1 whole lime zested about 1 tsp zest
- 1 whole lime fresh squeezed juice about 2 tbsp
- 1/2 medium orange zested about 1 tbsp zest
- 1 medium orange freshly squeezed juice about 1/4 cup juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 paleo tortillas I love Siete brand!
- 1 sliced lime
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- handful chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag or tupperware container with a lid. Pour all the ingredients and spices on top of the chicken thighs. Mix together so the chicken is fully coated.
- Place ziploc bag or container in fridge and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of marinating, remove the chicken from the bag/container and place on a cutting board. Reserve the marinade juices!
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. (the flavor is still absorbed in the chicken, removing the excess juices allows the chicken to brown by not being so wet.)
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil. Once the cast iron is hot, place the chicken thighs flat on the skillet so the chicken is not crowded. (You may have to do 2 batches.)
- Heat chicken for about 2 minutes until it browns on one side, then flip for another 2 minutes. Remove and place on a plate (It does not have to be cooked all the way inside, just browned on the outside)
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken pieces back in the cast iron skillet at medium-high heat.
- Pour the reserved marinade juices over the chicken and allow to bubble, while stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes and the chicken is done cooking, assemble your tacos. Heat tortillas. if you have a gas stove, you can heat them on the open flame. Turn the gas on low and place tortilla directly on the flame for 30 seconds, then flip until it has a few dark brown spots.
- Assemble tacos with the chicken, chopped white onion, chopped cilantro, and a fresh squeeze of lime for the classic street taco! You can also add sliced avocado, jalapeños, finely chopped radishes or even salsa on top. ENJOY!