*I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full site disclaimer HERE.
Ya’ll. I don’t have words. Cottage cheese and cookie dough? I never would have dreamed of those words in the same sentence. I tried the viral cottage cheese cookie dough (cottage cheese, flour, protein powder, sweetener, and chocolate chips) and it was good, but I thought it could be way better. I am a cookie girl through and through and LOVE Cookie dough. But, I felt like a “cake batter” flavor would compliment the slight cheesecake flavor of blended cottage cheese better. And, boy was I right.
Welcome to a world where two beloved treats collide to create a culinary masterpiece: Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough – Cake Batter. If you’re a fan of the comforting flavors of cookie dough and the irresistibly moist texture of cake batter, this recipe is tailor-made for you. This addicting recipe combines the softness of cottage cheese, the sweetness of cookie dough, and the richness of cake batter. A true dream!
When I made this super simple, high-protein recipe, I COULD NOT stay out of it. I kept going back to the fridge to steal bites because it is so addicting. I’m telling you this is a total win if you want to consume higher protein, filling snacks or need a healthy dessert. THIS. IS. IT.
This is also the best summer treat because you don’t need to bake anything, and it is whipped up in less than 10 minutes with seven ingredients. A perfect treat, if I do say so myself.
Don’t skip these tips for the perfect cottage cheese cookie dough
- Use full-fat cottage cheese. I love Good Culture organic cottage cheese. It truly tastes the best and has the cleanest ingredients.
- Add a bit more almond flour if you want it to be a thicker dough consistency. My recipe is for a slightly more ‘batter” consistency, but is still pretty thick! Taste as you go and add as you like.
- This recipe uses 1/2 of a 16-ounce carton of cottage cheese. Simply double the recipe if you want to use your full 16-ounce carton!
- You can absolutely eat this with a spoon, but I like to switch it up and dip apples in it for a fun twist! So good.
Ingredients & Subsitutions
Full-fat cottage cheese – The only sub here would possibly be unsweetened full-fat Greek yogurt. I personally have not tried it. Let me know in the comments if you do!
Almond flour – To help give it a dough consistency, it also keeps this recipe gluten-free and higher protein!
Vanilla – Necessary to give it the cake batter flavor.
Honey – To make it sweet! I love using raw honey in no-bake recipes when I can so all the good vitamins and minerals are preserved. Alternatively, you can use maple syrup.
Protein powder – I love Nuzest. A vanilla protein powder is a must!
Sprinkles – I love Good Dees. Any sprinkles you love will work. I just like mine to be sugar-free and without artificial colorings.
White chocolate chips – I love Lilys because they are sugar-free and actually contain “cocoa butter” for a rich white chocolate taste. White chocolate chips are best in this recipe for the “cake batter” flavor.
If you love cottage cheese treats, try my delicious chocolate cottage cheese ice cream!!
If you make this addicting cottage cheese cookie dough, leave a review and let me know how you liked it!!
Cottage cheese cookie dough- Cake Batter Flavor!
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 12 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Blend the cottage cheese, honey and vanilla in a food processor or blender until there are no more cottage cheese curds and it is a smooth consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the blended ingredients with the almond flour, protein powder, sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Top with extra chocoalte chips and sprinkles and its ready to enjoy!!!
Want Quality Groceries Shipped to Your Front Door at an Unbelievably Great Price?
Thrive Market offers a wide variety of high-quality, non-toxic, and organic products at wholesale prices. By becoming a member, you can save up to 50% off traditional retail prices on everything from pantry staples to beauty and personal care items. Additionally, Thrive Market offers a 30-day risk-free trial, so you can try it out and see the savings for yourself. Signing up for Thrive Market also supports their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone, including their commitment to providing free memberships to low-income individuals and families. With Thrive Market, you can save money and make a positive impact, all while getting the healthy products you need.